OptiFine HD 1.2.5 D3 is a texture mod package for minecraft that has recently been updated to support minecraft 1.0.
Here is the OptiFine developers blog, If you would like to continue following them click here
OptiFine is not currently forge compatible, I will update this later if they fix the “NoSuchMethodError: wj.c”.
OptiFine for Minecraft 1.0 is currently available in 4 editions, Standard, Smooth, Multi-core & AA.
OptiFine HD D3 Standard for Minecraft 1.0.0
The standard edition currently has built-in support for HD fonts, HD textures and better grass without the MCPatcher mod.
This mod will improve the looks and even give a little bump to the performance, doubling your FPS is quite common with this mod. It has some pretty cool features such as, smooth fps, moves fog away, chunk loading control, vsync, brightness control and many more.
- FPS boost
– doubling the FPS is very common with this mod
– decreased lag spikes and smoother gameplay
- HD Textures Support
– HD textures and HD fonts (without the need of MCPatcher)
– custom terrain and item textures
– animated terrain and item textures
– custom colors
– custom block color palettes
– unlimited texture size
- Configurable Smooth Lighting
– from 1% – smooth lighting without shadows
– to 100% – smooth lighting with full shadows
- Performance: VSync
Synchronizes framerate with monitor refresh rate to remove split frames and smooth gameplay
- Smart Advanced OpenGL
– more efficient, less artifacts
– Fast – faster, some artifacts still visible
– Fancy – slower, avoids visual artifacts
- Fog control
– Fog: Fancy, Fast, OFF
– Fog start: Near, Far
Visual effect which makes distant objects look better by smoothing the texture details
– Mipmap level – OFF, 1, 2, 3, Max
– Mipmap type – Nearest, Linear
Check the OptiFine AA edition for even better texture smoothing with Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering.
- Better Grass
Fixes grass blocks side texture to match surrounding grass terrain
- Better Snow
Fixes transparent blocks textures to match surrounding snow terrain
- Clear Water
Clear, transparent water with good visibility underwater
- Far View
Increases view distance 3x.
- FPS control
– Smooth FPS – stabilizes FPS by flushing the graphics driver buffers
– Smooth Input – fixes stuck keys, slow input and sound lag by setting correct thread priorities
- Chunk Loading Control
– Load Far – loads the world chunks at distance Far, allows fast render distance switching
– Preloaded Chunks – defines an area in which no new chunks will be loaded
– Chunk Updates per Frame – allows for faster world loading
– Dynamic Updates – loads more chunks per frame when the player is standing still
- Configurable Details
– Clouds – Default, Fast, Fancy
– Cloud Height – from 0% to 100%
– Trees – Default, Fast, Fancy
– Grass – Default, Fast, Fancy
– Water – Default, Fast, Fancy
– Rain and Snow – Default, Fast, Fancy
– Sky – ON, OFF
– Stars – ON, OFF
– Depth Fog – ON, OFF
– Weather – ON, OFF
- Configurable animations
– Water Animated – OFF, Dynamic, ON
– Lava Animated – OFF, Dynamic, ON
– Fire Animated – OFF, ON
– Portal Animated – OFF, ON
– Redstone Animated – OFF, ON
– Explosion Animated – OFF, ON
– Flame Animated – OFF, ON
– Smoke Animated – OFF, ON
– Void Particles – OFF, ON
– Water Particles – OFF, ON
– Rain Splash – OFF, ON
– Portal Particles – OFF, ON
– Dripping Water/Lava – OFF, ON
– Terrain Animated – OFF, ON
– Items Animated – OFF, ON
- Fast Texturepack Switching
Switch the current Texturepack without leaving the world
- Fullscreen Resolution
Configurable fullscreen resolution
– Fast Debug Info – removes lagometer from debug screen
– Debug Profiler – removes profiler from debug screen
- Time Control
Default, Day Only or Night Only – works in only in Creative mode
– Configurable Autosave interval
– A fix for the famous Lag Spike of Death
OptiFine HD D3 Smooth for Minecraft 1.0.0
This is an extension of the standard edition, It’s designed to make your FPS much smoother and get rid of those horrible lag spikes.
If this edition works for you, great! If not, download the standard edition.
OptiFine HD D3 Multi-Core for Minecraft 1.0.0
This edition is the extension of the smooth edition, It’s adds the ability of using multiple cores on your minecraft game along with some great FPS tweaks.
Using this edition on a single core pc you will get smoother fps and no more stuttering or freezes.
Using this edition of a multi-core pc you will see a dramatic improvement to world loading time and it will not affect your fps.
If you have any problems with transparent boxes, or flashing, try this,
1. In your graphics control panel disable “Threaded Optimization”
2. Enable Vsync in your graphics control panel.
OptiFine HD D3 AA for Minecraft 1.0.0
This is another extension to the standard edition and is built to specifically support anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering.
This edition is still under development and will be merged with the other editions when it is finished.