Another awesome update Today! Portal Gun has been updated to v2 which has full support for Minecraft 1.2.5.
The Portal Gun mod has been around for quite some time now, it has grown massively in popularity since it was release back in March of last year.
If any of you don’t know about about Portal, or Portal 2 (The sequel that came out last year), i’d suggest you go buy it right now from Steam. Portal 1 costs only £6.99 and Portal 2 costs only £19.99, or if you want both a bundle package is available for only £22.98!
Portal is basically a puzzle game with the goal to advance through each map using Weighted Cubes, Companion Cubes and of course your trusty Portal Gun. Your Portal Gun can shoot 2 Portals, one with the left click of your mouse and one with the right click, when you have one of each portal, an entrance portal, and a exit portal, you can then pass between them.
The Minecraft mod of this game is very similar and some people have even created some Portal style maps to play along with this mod.
This mod adds 7 different craft-able items to Minecraft.
Crafting the Portal Gun in Minecraft
To make the Portal gun will need, 2 Block of Obsidian, 1 Diamond, 1 Ender Pearl and 5 Iron Ingots
- Fire the Portal Gun with your left & right click of your mouse.
- Use the middle mouse button to zoom in & out.
- Use the G key to grab entities or blocks.
Crafting Portal Spawners
To make Portal Spawners you will need, 2 Diamonds, 1 Ender Pearl and 4 Iron Ingots.
- When you place a Portal Spawner a GUI will popup on screen and allow you to set a color.
- Powering up a Portal Spawner with redstone will spawn a portal based on the color you have just set.
- If you cut off the power from the Portal Spawner the default settings will be erased.
Crafting Long Fall Boots
To make Long Fall Boots you will need, 2 Blocks of Obsidian and 6 Iron Ignots.
To make a pair of Long Fall Boots, you simply just place 2 of them in a crafting table.
- When you are wearing Long Fall Boots you will not suffer any damage from falling.
Crafting Weighted Storage Cubes
To make Weighted Storage Cubes, you will need, 4 Blocks of Iron and 4 Iron Ingots.
Make A Companion Cube
To make a Companion Cube, you will need, 1 Weighted Storage Cube and a Rose.
Place the Companion Cube in the world and right click on it with the Rose.
Having a Companion Cube in your inventory will heal you every 5 seconds.
Find The Recorded Message
To find the Recorded Message you will have to incinerate your Companion Cube.
Smelting the recorded message will cause the disk to deteriorate, changing the track.
Crafting 2 disks together will also change the track.
Crafting A Material Emancipation Grid
To make a Material Emancipation Grid you will need, 1 Glass Block, 1 Ender Pearl and 1 Iron Ingot.
- Place these from wall to wall, they have a maximum range of 15 blocks.
- If any fluid is poured over it, it will become disabled.
- There are several modes which you can configure yourself in the properties file.
Installing The Portal Gun Mod v2 on Minecraft 1.1.0
This mod requires Modloader, Modloader MP, AudioMod and Forge 1.3.0 or later.
Step 1. Goto your .minecraft folder (To do this press start and type in %appdata% in the search (Windows 7) or run (XP) and press enter).
Step 2. Extract the contents of the “portalgun” folder to the /mods folder.